For a full time position as a coordinator of the
Centre Maurits Coppieters European Political Foundation
Profile for a new CMC coordinator
The Centre Maurits Coppieters (CMC) a recognized European Political foundation*is looking for a motivated person who can lead the organisation working in close relationship with the staff of the European Free Alliance (European Political party). The goal is to further develop a young organisation that aims to stimulate comparative research on democratic nationalism in Europe (national movements, identity, languages and culture, autonomy, self-determination, independence,…
We are looking for a coordinator (M/F), to start working at the CMC office, based in Brussels, by the 17th of May 2010:
· With good organisational skills
· With a university or high school degree.
· Who is accurate, diligent, ready to work and has a professional attitude
· Who is a good networker and team player.
· Who has also own-initiative and acts autonomously.
· With knowledge of the European Parliament and its regulations.
· Working language: English and French. Good knowledge of Spanish and other
languages is an asset. The ideal person that we are looking for should have a
sensibility towards multilingualism.
· With good knowledge in accounting.
· With good knowledge of computer use.
· With a minimum of 2 years relevant experience for this post. Experience within a
CMC member will be an asset.
B. Main tasks and responsabilities:
· Run the different projects of CMC and its member organisations (Conferences, studies, research, publications,...)
· Run the accounts of the organisation, introduction of the subvention dossier
· Organisation, follow up and implementation of the decisions taken by the General Assembly and the Bureau.
· Follow up, communicate and coordinate the advices of the Scienfific Board with the members of the Bureau and General Assembly.
· Develop, define and implement a long term strategical plan with concrete goals
- Co-ordinating CMC members.
- Relation with the European political foundations.
- Relation with other potential CMC members.
- Participating in any meeting that is neccesary for the development of the organisation. Spreading information among its members and informing about any important European issue.
- Representing CMC in fact-finding missions, visits to foundations/organisations, institutions, etc.
- Relations with the European Institutions, mainly the European Parliament.
- Drafting texts.
- Website: To manage the CMC website
- Keep a constant communication with the members, the Scientific Board and with potential partners.
- Funding: To be in charge of the financial aspects of the foundation (make the accounts, relation with auditors, preparing annual dossier requesting public grants –European Parliament- and members contributions, preparing final annual reports on the accounts, monitor the good development of the financial situation, etc).
- Legal aspects: To be in charge of the necessary updating of the legal texts (statutes and internal rules of procedure) of the foundation; to monitor the EU Regulations on European political foundations, related issues and to make sure that CMC accomplishes all of them.
· ORGANISING TASKS:
- Organising the statutory meetings: General Assembly and Bureau meetings.
- Organising and/or co-organising all the events, publications or activities of the foundation.
C. Working conditions and facilities:
· Working week of 38 h/week.
· Long-term contract (6 months trial period).
· Paid travel costs coming from the place of origin and returning (once a year).
· 2500€basic gross salary (to be adapted to the years of experience of the
· Meal tickets.
D. How to send in your application:
Please send your application by e-mail before Friday the 15th april 2010 at 12.00h to
Mr. Günther Dauwen
Application must include a detailed curriculum vitae and an application letter with a clear motivation . Recommendation letters are welcome.
The jury appointed by the Bureau of CMC will draw up a short list on the 22nd of April. The candidates selected on the short list will be invited to an interview in Brussels in the end of April (26-30/04: date to be confirmed). Transport costs will be covered.
CMC is an equal opportunity employer not discriminating on the basis of origin, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.
* CMC is linked to the European Free Alliance (EFA) European Political Party www.e-f-a.org